BOONE — The Music Industry Studies program at Appalachian State University is excited to present “The Sessions Panel,” a powerful, interactive presentation by internationally recognized music industry professionals who will share their knowledge on marketing, self-promotion, contract negotiations, social media, entertainment law and artist relations.
The program will be presented Friday, Sept. 11, from 1-6 p.m. in Broyhill Music Center’s Rosen Concert Hall. The program is free for students at Appalachian and $10 for all others. Proceeds will benefit music industry studies internship scholarships.
- Dom Famularo, drumming’s global ambassador and educational representative for Sabien, Vic Firth, Mapex and Evans percussion companies
- Paul Quin, entertainment attorney and music business consultant
- Carlos Guzman, production and tour manager for acts including Stevie Wonder and Diana Ross
- Christine Ohlman, aka “The Beehive Queen,” vocalist for Saturday Night Live, songwriter and musicologist
- Phil Jaurigui, president of Swing House Recording Studio
- Dave Mattacks, drummer for Paul McCartney and Elton John
- Kristen Rencher Nuss, marketing and social media manager for NAfME (National Association for Music Education) and an Appalachian alumna
The event will conclude with a jam session that will invite local artists to perform with these industry professionals.
For more information, contact Kim Wangler, director of music industry studies at Appalachian, at 828-265-8674 or email@example.com. For more information about The Sessions panelists, visit http://www.TheSessions.org.
About the Hayes School of Music
The Hayes School of Music prepares young musicians for professional lives as performers, composers, music educators, music therapists, conductors and music industry professionals, ensuring the next generation of musical leadership for the state, region and nation. Noted for quality instruction by national and internationally recognized faculty musicians, the school offers four undergraduate degree programs and three graduate-level programs. Learn more at https://music.appstate.edu.
About Appalachian State University
As the premier public undergraduate institution in the state of North Carolina, Appalachian State University prepares students to lead purposeful lives as global citizens who understand and engage their responsibilities in creating a sustainable future for all. The Appalachian Experience promotes a spirit of inclusion that brings people together in inspiring ways to acquire and create knowledge, to grow holistically, to act with passion and determination, and to embrace diversity and difference. Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Appalachian is one of 17 campuses in the University of North Carolina System. Appalachian enrolls more than 19,000 students, has a low student-to-faculty ratio and offers more than 150 undergraduate and graduate majors.
What do you think?
Share your feedback on this story.